Monday, December 7, 2009

“Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude.” — Wallace Wattles

We had our first major rain here since I don't remember when. (big drought problems here)
I have to admit I love the rain and really have missed it. I love the sound of raindrops and how clean and clear everything looks. I was always the child who would stand out in the rain and look up at the sky while the rain hit me in the face (just like Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain) or jump
up and down in the puddles. So I guess my gratitude today would have to be for that wet stuff that we do not get too often here in So Cal : )

1 comment:

  1. I was born and raised here in the rain. When I lived in Provo I really missed it and I remember coming home at Christmas and standing out in it. It had been a record number of concurrent days of rainfall that year and everyone was getting pretty tired of it until they saw me standing out in it and playing like a three year old. I still love the rain.

    Thanks so much for this blog, my friend. My day begins with an affirmation now...it sets a great tone for the rest of the day.

    N

    ReplyDelete